Saturday, May 18, 2013

Today is two months since I had a total hysteretomy....

.. and yes, I am physically much stronger than I was but there have been exactly two days I have felt fine since then: the Tuesday about two weeks ago when I went on a shopping binge (feeling better allowed me to go shopping rather than the shopping lifting my spirits) and last Sunday. I don't why I felt better on those days.
Apparently my irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unrelated to the hysterectomy but as it all blurs into one, I cannot distinguish the two.
And as for this IBS. Well, last night went to a friend's new restaurant which serves only pizza. I ate about half my pizza in total trepidation but nothing happened. Nothing. Sure my stomach was bloated but it was no different to when I walked in. The pizza had cheese, anchovy, olives and parsley. Does that mean I am not gluten intolerant? And that all dairy is fine?
My tummy was fine this morning but sometime after breakfast - 1 slice 100% rye, mustard, wasabi, rocket and tuna sashimi - it started bloating. Have also had pain today and had to take my tights off as they were digging into me. That is fabulous as winter is round the corner and I tend to wear dresses and skirts with tights.
Sorry, but hard to feel enthusiastic about things when in pain and debilitated. But did go to gym today and enjoyed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment