Wednesday, October 3, 2012

No word yet from doctor

The plan was, as usual, to phone the gynae's rooms in the morning, then he would phone me with the results at the end of his working day. He didn't call. I became so anxious that I phoned his emergency pager, and left a message. What do I care if he is annoyed. He didn't call. So I took 20 deep breaths and went to a function.
Guess he will phone tomorrow. A colleague who also had a D&C in the past - well, she said she has had three - said she waits a week for the results. Oh well.
I don't think anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer, and then went through chemo, radiation and whatever, can imagine the anxiety one feels waiting for test results. That sure does sound arrogant, but so be it.

1 comment:

  1. Our body becomes prepared to fight or flee. In survival situations the fight or flight response is useful but when we suffer from chronic stress our body suffers because it is preparing for fight or flight even when such a response is not necessary. Thanks.
    creativebioscience.com

    ReplyDelete