Thursday, October 4, 2012

I am fine

I have had a month of hell ever since my six-monthly endometrial biopsy known as a Z-sampler revealed atypical cells.
Then, for various reasons, waited three weeks to have a D&C to investigate further, which I had on Monday. Got the results today. "Good news," he said. "No cancer, no malignancy, all fine.
"Nothing to worry about" he said.
He said he had scraped the uterus and the cervix. Then he used terms I didn't understand. I was in Cape Town today, and on campus at UCT, the reception kept cutting and so I didn't hear everything he said. But I ditd hear him say there was mild inflammation. I asked why, and he said it was hormone something or other, caused from the tamoxifen. I asked him to send me a copy of the report.
I cannot begin to describe the relief. I cannot wait to get back to normality, not living under a cloud of anxiety, not knowing if I needed a hysterectomy, not knowing if the tamoxifen had caused cancer, not knowing if I was going to go through it all again.....
I am fine. And it feels good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment