Monday, July 9, 2012

Still feeling yucky

Left work a little earlier than normal today and it did make me feel a bit better, for a while, but generally feel adrift, bereft, as if the carpet has been taken away from under my feet (that cliche).
I cannot believe that the death of my father has made me feel like this. It was something I had expected at some time. He was 90 and I did not want him to live on and on and become decrepit. But I miss him terribly. Feel awful. Tearful. Was saying earlier: "He would be horrified at this reaction." Or would he? I just hope he knew how much I respected him. He knew I loved him. I am clinging on until I can take leave next week. Want weeks and weeks of sitting at home. Ok, I am being dramatic now. lol!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're feeling bad. It takes time - you know that, I'm not saying anything new. But it will get better; I hope sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete