Sunday, July 17, 2011

no lymph massage for a week

Got sick again. Had sore throat on Monday, stayed home and got better. Was fine on Tuesday and Wednesday, then sick again on Thursday and by Friday had almost no voice. So have not been able to do lymph massage. That is my biggest problem. Not being sick, which is minor. Just hope my arm is ok.
Otherwise, have really enjoyed the extra time this has allowed me. Gym time too. Look, prefer going to gym and would rather do lymph massage and know I am doing my bit to help prevent lymphedema but the plus side is that I have been reading and reading.... even before work on Friday - and that is just too wonderful!!
At the moment reading Ivan Vladislavic's Double Negative, which was shortlisted for the (South African) Sunday Times's Fiction Award - he has won both that and the Sunday Times Non-Fiction award in the past. And also finished this year's winning novel, Young Blood by Sifiso Mzobe, which is about a young school drop-out turned car thief in Umlazi township in Durban. Ivan's novel is about a young varsity dropout during apartheid and then post-apartheid in South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment