Wednesday, April 15, 2009

three months since i was diagnosed

Today is three months since I was diagnosed with breast cancer. No primary tumour. Hormone receptive. Not sure it get any better. Not sure. No longer under such a high level of anxiety re my hair loss but not happy about it - it's gone with a thin layer of regrowth and rapidly thinning eyebrows - but it is definately less of a hassle than before. Less of an intense hassle.

But now getting hassled about herceptin. It is way down the line in my treatment, I think, but it seems one takes it for ages and ages - spoke to someone who took it for two and a half years but one year seems to be the norm, if there is such a thing as a norm with cancer treatment, and really, I want to be free of cancer and treatments.

www.cancer.org/aspx/blog/Comments.aspx?id=29

More importantly about today though, is that it is one month since my mother's funeral. Makes me very sad. She died very suddenly and I miss her terribly. We all do.

No comments:

Post a Comment