Saturday, April 4, 2009

renaming the yellow gunge

I have just been critised for calling the yellow emulsion - supposedly with a cherry and mint flavour - the yellow gunge.
I have been told that I denounce everything which actually helps me, in this case the thick liquid which i have to keep in my mouth for a few minutes before swallowing and which helps my oral thrush caused by chemo.
So okay, despite the fact that I willingly use it many many times every day, I will no longer refer to as the yellow gunge. And despite the fact that I threw up the first time I tried it, and that I cannot talk when I have it in my mouth - as I do at this very moment - I will find another name for this lovely liquid which makes my mouth and throat better. And so I will embrace it, I believe the terminology is.

No comments:

Post a Comment