Tuesday, September 9, 2014

What it's like to go off tamoxifen

My five years are up. So I was told to go off tamoxifen.

Now I hear that many women are being told to be on it for 10 years. Why not me? I had no side effects  - except for the brief period when I was on the generic - and to be truthful, am feeling worse now. Not quite hot flushes but often quite hot...(although it becoming summer here....).

Anyone know any more about the 10 years on tamoxifen? Who goes on it and why?

Would appreciate some info.

1 comment:

  1. I was feeling like the five year mark was a real milestone for me. I was superstitious about it, almost. But then, at my five year check, (where I got the all clear yet again), I was told that they now consider the eight year mark the point when you claim 'cure'. Women here are being kept on the tamoxifen for 8 years here. But I wouldn't know. I quit taking it after a year.

    ReplyDelete