Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cannot believe it has come to this

My arm is fakked. Totally. I have worked so hard to avoid getting lymphedema and now it looks like it has swelled by centimetres, rather than the usual millimetres when it got bad in the past.
The Lymph Lady was away this week - was meant to see her on Monday but she changed it to tomorrow - and saw no point in seeing anyone else for treatment because what I need is sane advice from someone who knows where my arm is - well, it's progression over the last three years.
I am extremely upset. That is putting it mildly. I am horrified. And I am still ok 'cos not wearing compression sleeve. Pretty sure I will be after tomorrow but it has been driving me insane with itchiness so haven't worn it this week.
I feel that if I have to wear a compression sleeve it will be the end of my life as I know it. Yes, I am alive. Yes, I don't have cancer. But wearing a sleeve every day? I won't go to gym with longsleeved tops, not in this heat, I don't want to go out being compromised in what I can and cannot wear, I don't wanna do anything except maybe move to the North or South Pole where it is freezing and I can wear warm clothes and gloves all day and night and nobody can see the damn compression sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment