Tuesday, February 1, 2011

my three month check-up tomorrow

Had a fabulous holiday in Cape Town. Really enjoyed myself, going out with my dad a lot, eating at Overture in Stellenbosch which was quite an experience with its magnificent view of a "hidden valley", as the name of the farm describes; going to Maynardville open air theatre in Wynberg (why are there no pictures on their website???) to see a brilliant production of The Taming of the Shrew) and just generally having a good time. Oh, also went to The Duchess of Wisbeach (hell, they don't even seem to have their own website) which is oh-so-funky and oh-so-trendy and oh-so-f..-irritating for not having a portable credit card machine... and  discovered (my dad's recommendation) the oh-so-fabulous Sotano in Mouille Point.
Anyway, part of the reason for this build-up is that I spend far too much time moaning on this blog, guess it's my outlet to do so, and I do not want anyone reading this to think I am just a misery who lives in a state of anxiety. For I do not.
Yes, I am anxious about my three-monthly check-up tomorrow. Yes, I am not charmed that my arm was up in a million places on Monday. Yes, am pissed off with myself that I gained 1.2kg on holiday - if I haven't lost it by tomorrow morning will be furious but then guess that the two bars of Chilli Lindt I just had won't do much to further that aim...And yes, not charmed that had swollen glands in my neck since Saturday although I think they might have disappeared today...
Anyway, things are ok. Sure will lose weight, sure my arm will get back to normal and just praying that all is well tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment