Wednesday, September 22, 2010

haven't written for weeks

Think I know why I haven't written for weeks. Firstly, cos this arm thing is still in limbo. That is, still under threat of developing lymphedema in my left arm and this is my second week of alternating days with and without the compression sleeve. This week it is two days off and one day one. And have to admit my arm does not feel good and even the biokineticist said this morning that it seems more swollen in the middle of the upper arm. And it feels swollen too. I am just trying not to think about it. Tomorrow I have to wear the damn thing again.
The second reason I haven't written is that I hurt my neck.It's better now but it got to the point where I couldn't move my neck. Then the anti-inflammatories I had to take made me feel nauseous and generally awful. Horrendous. Was at a cocktail party on Monday evening where I felt I was going to keel over. Haven't felt like that since I was on chemo. Then I had an excuse and would have sat down. This time I kept standing.
Anyway, four physio sessions later and lots of nausea later and I am fine.
But found the ordeal horrifying and scary and really yucky to feel so ill and be so debilitated.
Kinda worried about my arm too. Actually, it was a relief to start worrying about my arm again. Then I knew I was ok again. Only really today that I am ok and there was a time I was feeling flaky. Last night felt ill during most of yoga.
Tired now. Twenty minutes to midnight. And still lots to do. Plus lymph massage and just remembering that I did not sleep much last night as had upset stomach - think it was from the anti-inflammatories - and had to wait till I felt ok before I could take my cholesterol pills and so ended up going to sleep very very late. No wonder I am feeling so tired. Damn. Have the dishes soaking in the basin. And now soooo - is it "toooooo"? - lazy to wash them.

No comments:

Post a Comment