Been back since Monday evening but been so busy since then am exhausted. Went to the theatre last night and saw a kak dance show - tomorrow night seeing the African opera Princess Magogo www.operaafrica.co.za/princess_magogo.htm which I am looking forward to - plus work has been extra tiring as have to make up for Monday which was a public holiday.
Anyway, just some moments from my time offline:
* passing places en route with names like Clocolan www.adventurezone.co.za/where_to_go/Town/Clocolan/549/
* seeing sheep grazing in the open field next to the house I was staying in, a young shepherd - he could not have been older than 10 - hitting them with a stick if they strayed
* trudging the market in Maseru en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maseru, the capital of Lesotho, eating a mielie (corn on the cob) grilled on a brazier
* watching the pride on birgit's mother's face - birgit being the bride at the ceremony which welcomed her to her new Sotho family - when she was handed a Sotho blanket www.futureshock.co.za/basotho.htm and proudly put it on www.malealea.co.ls/basotho-culture/basotho-blankets.html
* buying a sesheshwe cloth skirt freshlyfound.blogspot.com/2007/11/shwe-shwe.html which I am wearing now for only R50.