Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Having my yellow fever jab tomorrow

After much too-ing and fro-ing (how on earth does one spell that expression?), with the oncologist saying yes I can have a yellow fever vaccination, and the doctor at the travel clinic saying I couldn't, finally got the 2nd go-ahead from the oncologist and have booked it for tomorrow.
Tamoxifen might be a cancer med, but it doesn't lower your immune system and so the doctor was wrong. I am not immune-compromised and can go ahead and have the vaccinatio, even though it is a live vaccination. Got the message today that The Tango Man had said "this is his final word on the matter" and now The Yoga Man wants to know why I am so keen to have it, when the travel clinic had given me a letter of exemption.....

No comments:

Post a Comment